Receive a $1,000 Scholarship from UltimatePartyJump.com!
With the rising costs of tuition, future entrepreneurs are facing more difficult battles from starting their own business to gaining access to the skills and resources needed to ensure they can be successful.
Mounting school loans make the idea of applying for more funding in the form of a business loan less appealing.
Or, if they decide to forego their college education, they face a competitive disadvantage, not just in years of experience, but also in marketing, finance, and managerial education.
To help offset some of this burden and to ensure that the next wave of entrepreneurs are set up to succeed, UltimatePartyJump.com is proud to offer an annual $1000 scholarship to college students who aspire to be a part of the next generation of American Business Owners.
Applications are currently being accepted for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Open to students attending or planning to attend an accredited college or university in the United States
- Student must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Student must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher (if you are planning on attending for your first semester at college, high school transcripts would be acceptable)
- Open to all majors – No declaration needed!
- Students must have a plan to eventually open or start their own business
To apply for this scholarship, students must submit a 500 – 750 word essay that addresses three core questions:
- What influenced you to want to start your own business?
- What purpose will your business serve?
- How will you measure the success of your company?
To submit your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “2020 Scholarship Application.”
In the body of your email, please include your first name, phone number, and college that you are either attending, or planning to attend, in the Fall of 2020.
Attach your essay, either in .doc or a .pdf format. If you are citing any sources, please make sure to cite them in MLA format.
Any submissions that do not follow these guidelines may not be admitted for participation.
(Not that we want to be mean about it, but during review, if we’re not able to find your application we can’t enter it. Following these instructions just helps to ensure we can review your application).
Deadline: July 1, 2020
How Applications Will Be Judged
In the interest of transparency (and to help you improve your chances for being awarded the scholarship), UltimatePartyJump.com’s review shall be based on three core criteria:
- Enthusiasm (Yes, we want to know that you’re excited about the prospect of owning your own company)
- Rationale (How compelling your reasons are in regards to wanting to become an entrepreneur)
- Understanding (What makes a successful business and your plan for getting there)
Applications will be judged on these three criteria alone. However, we’d also suggest the following tips:
- Proofread, proofread, proofread – while we won’t necessarily judge based on the person who sounds or is the most educated, correct grammar can definitely help a paper stand out
- Make sure your essay addresses our three core criteria. Essays that don’t will be disregarded, but don’t also make it a point to highlight which aspects or your essay address each criteria as doing so takes away from the enthusiasm we’re looking for. Trust in your motivation and your desire and you’ll be just fine.
- Please read everything on this page carefully! We’d hate for you to miss the deadline or be excluded on the grounds that your submission wasn’t received.
How Winners Will Be Notified
UltimatePartyJump.com will notify the winner around two weeks after the deadline. At which time, the winner will have one week to submit the following documents to verify their eligibility:
- An unofficial copy of their college transcripts (if attending the first year at college, an unofficial copy of their high school transcripts accompanied by a copy of the acceptance letter issued by the attending college or university)
- A Birth Certificate or other citizenship identifying document as listed by USCIS or an I-551 for permanent residents (please black out any personal ID numbers after the image has been scanned or uploaded and before it is sent to us, we just need to see that the record exists, not the answers to questions that can be used to apply for credit cards)
Should the winner NOT be able to produce these documents within a week of being notified of the award, UltimatePartyJump.com reserves the right to award the scholarship to the person who was determined to be the runner up.
Should the runner up also not be able to provide the documents within a week of notification, the scholarship would then be awarded to the runner-up to the runner-up, and so on.
Best of luck! We’re looking forward to hearing from all you future business owners!